philosophy celebrate the ones we love Sweepstakes OFFICIAL RULES
To participate in this Sweepstakes, you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Sponsor: philosophy inc. ("Sponsor"), 350 5th Avenue, New York, NY 10118.
2. Administrator: LeadDog Marketing Group, Inc. ("Administrator"), 440 9th Avenue, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10001.
3. Eligibility: The philosophy "celebrate the ones we love Sweepstakes" ("Sweepstakes") is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age (or the age of majority in the jurisdiction of their residence, whichever is older). Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants and independent contractors) who have, within the past six (6) months, performed services for Sponsor, Administrator, Coty Inc., HYFN, Inc., or any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes and/or their respective related parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win a prize. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year, whether related or not. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
4. Sweepstakes Entry: The Sweepstakes begins on or about 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on April 18, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on May 8, 2016 ("Promotion Period"). HYFN, Inc.’s computer is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
ONLINE ENTRY: Navigate the Internet to http://www.philosophy.com ("Website") and complete a purchase of any product on www.philosophy.com during the Promotion Period. To result in Sweepstakes entry, purchase must be accepted by Sponsor and fully completed as per the purchase policies of Website, accessible at www.philosophy.com/purchase-policies.html. (For the avoidance of doubt, philosophy purchases made OTHER THAN via the Website [e.g., in-store or from other retailers of philosophy products] do NOT qualify for Sweepstakes entry.) Each qualifying purchase transaction (regardless of number of items in cart at time of purchase) will result in one (1) Sweepstakes entry. In addition, to result in Sweepstakes entry, purchase must comply with all of the following conditions:
(a) Purchase must NOT have been voided by Sponsor for insufficient funds, unauthorized activity or any other reason;
(b) Purchase must NOT have been made using philosophy e-gift card;
(c) Purchase must NOT be returned by purchaser for refund during Promotion Period;
(d) Purchase must NOT have been made using philosophy’s replenishment/auto-delivery program.
*IMPORTANT: Data rates may apply if Sweepstakes entry is effected via your mobile device according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging/data rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your device's capabilities for specific instructions.
Mail-in Entry: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter without purchase, on a 3”x5” card handprint your name, mailing address (with zip code), email address (required), daytime phone number and date of birth and mail to: " philosophy “celebrate the ones we love Sweepstakes Entry”, c/o LeadDog Marketing Group, 440 Ninth Avenue, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10001. Entries must be postmarked by 5/9/16 and received by 5/16/16. Entries received after 5/16/16 are void.
Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for entries that are late, lost, misdirected, mechanically reproduced, illegible/garbled, corrupted, inaccessible, incomplete, delayed or damaged or for postage due mail; and, all such entries are void. Proof of mailing entry does not constitute proof of receipt or proof of entry. All mail-in entries become the property of Sponsor and receipt of same will not be acknowledged.
5. Random Drawing/Selection of Winners: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing (from among all eligible entries received) on or about 5/18/16. The drawing will be conducted by LeadDog Marketing Group, an independent judging organization/Administrator whose decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
6. Prizes, Approximate Retail Values ("ARV"), and Odds:
Grand Prize (Twenty  winners): Each winner will receive the following: one (1) 8 oz. purity made simple one-step facial cleanser; one (1) 8 oz. amazing grace perfumed shampoo, bath & shower gel; one (1) .5 oz. amazing grace eau de toilette; one (1) 2 oz. renewed hope in a jar refreshing & refining moisturizer; one (1) 2 oz. renewed hope in a jar overnight recharging & refining moisturizer. ARV of each Grand Prize: $158.00. Total ARV of all Prizes: $3,160.00
Limit of one (1) prize per family/household/address. Winner must accept prize in its entirety or not at all. Different prize elements may be shipped separately, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Prizes will only be shipped to street addresses in the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia. Actual prize elements may differ from items as depicted in Sweepstakes advertising and Sponsor and Administrator disclaim any and all liability in conjunction therewith. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize except with Sponsor’s permission (which may be granted or withheld for any reason) or where required by law. Sponsor in its sole discretion may award a substitute prize/prize component of equal or greater value if advertised prize/prize component is unavailable at time of awarding for any reason. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
SPONSOR'S EXPRESS WARRANTIES ON ITS PRODUCTS ARE THE ONLY WARRANTIES PROVIDED WITH THE PRIZES. SUCH EXPRESS WARRANTIES ARE SUBJECT TO THE TERMS/LIMITATIONS INDICATED THEREIN.
Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
7. Winner Notification: Potential winners will be notified via e-mail on or about 5/19/16. Failure to respond to the initial verification notification within three (3) business days after notification or return of e-mail notification as undeliverable after two (2) attempts will result in disqualification, and prize forfeiture. Potential winners may be required to complete, sign and return within five (5) business days of date on transmission an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and Indemnification, a Publicity Release where allowed by law, as well as other documents that Sponsor may require (collectively, “Winner Documents"). If Winner Documents are not returned on a timely basis (if applicable), or if any notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if potential winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from among all remaining eligible entries received for the drawing during the Promotion Period. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of an online entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the credit card used for product purchase, who must comply with these Official Rules..
8. Additional Terms: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, discharge, hold harmless and defend each of Sponsor, Administrator, Coty Inc., HYFN, Inc., Facebook, Inc., and each of their respective related, parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and each of such entities’ respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, loss or damage to person(s) or property arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part from participation in this Sweepstakes, or any Sweepstakes related activity, and/or acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize. By accepting a prize, winner authorizes the Sponsor and its designees to use winner’s name, voice, likeness, photograph, prize information, biographical data and city and state of residence in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including on the World Wide Web and Internet, in perpetuity, at any time or times, in programming, advertising, trade and/or promotional material relating to this Sweepstakes or on a winners' list (if applicable) without additional compensation or notice, review or approval (unless prohibited by law). Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, without obligation or compensation.
Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damaged or illegible entries, or for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, and capture of qualifying purchase transactions or for technical failures of any kind affecting the Sweepstakes in any manner, including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software. The foregoing includes any malfunction/error/failure deemed by Sponsor/Administrator in the sole discretion of either party to impact the availability or acceptance of Sweepstakes entries (including online/purchase Sweepstakes entries). If for any reason the Sweepstakes (in whole or in part) is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, fire, flood, storm or other natural cataclysm, riot, strike, civil commotion, governmental regulation or any other causes beyond Sponsor’s control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct the Sweepstakes and award the prizes from among all eligible online/purchase entries received prior to the action taken by Sponsor and all eligible mail entries received or otherwise in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of termination/modification/suspension of Sweepstakes will be posted on Website. Sponsor/Administrator further reserve the right not to provide a Sweepstakes entry in conjunction with any purchase determined by either party not to qualify as being eligible under these Official Rules; and, Sponsor/Administrator disclaim any and all liability in conjunction therewith. No responsibility is assumed for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail/ electronic/purchase entry to be received/recorded on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this Sweepstakes.
Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from participating in the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
9. Disputes: Arbitration/Choice Of Law: To the fullest extent permitted by law, entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this promotion, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective, and (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Released Parties in connection with the promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in the City of New York, County of New York.
10. Winners’ List: For the names of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “celebrate the ones you love Sweepstakes Winners,” c/o LeadDog Marketing Group, 440 9th Avenue, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10001. All such requests must be received May 31, 2016.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Inc.
signing up for philosophy.com emails
gives you inside access to news, special offers,
sales and everything philosophy.
signing up for philosophy.com emails
gives you inside access to news, special offers,
sales and everything philosophy.